Brain Sex

Yeah, you wish this was about sexual fantasies.....

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Open Letter to Rush

Previous to this post, several months ago I thought I had composed and published my most important message to date. Well, something even more important has risen that I feel compelled to communicate. I cannot conceive anything else topping this. But, you know I could be wrong. I first composed this primarily for Rush Limbaugh. Then forwarded it to my close circle of friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances. I also copied Alex Jones as it will eventually concern him and his possible future. Now I must share this with the rest of the world to best of my God-given ability.

After reading this, I'm sure there will be some of you (hopefully not a lot of you) that finally come to the conclusion that I have finally lost it and left the reservation. This is why I am communicating to all of you in such a way. If I can persuade Rush Limbaugh to my present "frame of mind", then I can possibly convince many others. My intention is not to scare people, but to inform them for their best good. I with the highest conviction think (and feel) that this composition is my finest work to date; and possibly my most important contribution to fellow humankind.

I think (and feel) that the difference for me verses a lot of you, is that I have been broken (financially, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually) and pushed out of my comfort zone. I know that there are some of you who already feel (and think) as I do. You have not been necessarily "push out" of your comfort zone in the same manner as I have so far experienced, but by the grace of God have been enlightened. God manages each of us in his own unique and special ways.

I want to make it clear that I love each and every one of you. This is why I am performing this most difficult and possibly self alienating action. I do understand that it may take some time for a lot of you. Some more than others. Also understand my dear friends that time is extremely and crucially short. My fervent prayer is that each and everyone of you will, if not at first, adhere to this message; but at least listen with an open mind, be intellectually honest with yourself, and pray to our Father in heaven for wisdom and guidance in digesting this words.

In Christ's love



P.S. If you are impressed with my presentation, please do pass this on to any you feel who would benefit from this.


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: An Open Letter from a former "Dittohead"
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 07:45:49 -0500
From: fooser77
To: rush@eibnet.com



They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety...


Rush

I have been meaning to compose this for some time now. I keep putting it off, because I feel (and think) that my efforts will just be fruitless and futile. However, recent events have convinced me that I should at least attempt this; or I will never know and sleep knowing that I performed a duty commanded by my God, to my country, and my fellow man.

I first learned and heard your radio show in October 1991. At that time, I was attracted to you because you seemed to literally take my own words out of my mouth and proclaim them to the world. Grant it, you ARE entertaining; but I was even more so mesmerized by your intellectual content. I was a devoted listener since. I was a charter subscriber to your newsletter, and constant viewer of your web site. I have bought and read both of your books, and made every effort to watch your T.V. show back in the days when it was broadcasted. In fact, I still have a thermal coffee mug that says:

"Why I'm a Conservative
less GOVERNMENT
lower TAXES
more FREEDOM
personal
RESPONSIBILITY"

I am an Eagle Scout, and also a former U.S. Marine. My MOS was in Communications/Intel/CIT/Infantry with a Top Secret clearance. I was never a registered republican, but have voted for the GOP candidate since my first with Reagan to the last election for GWB. I will not be voting for the GOP candidate this coming election. I am certainly not voting for the DNC. I have considered voting 3rd party for either the LP or CP candidate, but have currently decided to take the advice of another brilliant and wise former marine and to no longer participate in this mockery of a democracy and republic.

Well Rush, I guess I have just floored you with my graphic display of insolence and putrid indifference to my homeland. The one thing that I always admired about you was the insistence that you engendered your audience to THINK for themselves. That we were not just a bunch of "mindless robots." Speaking of robots, I just recently viewed "I, Robot." It is interesting that the movie portrays one character who in the end does not think like a robot, and also happens not to be a human being. That is, flesh and blood as we currently know it.

I want to make my point known here, but I also do not want to come off "long winded." I could write an elaborate essay on why I have come to this decision, but I just want to keep this as much as possible an open letter to a dear friend and colleague. I gather that you have now come to the realization that I am no longer the devoted listener and follower I once was. I feel it is only fair to you to explain myself, and more importantly to persuade you to not only come around to my contentions and belief; but to eventually become a blaring trumpet to the world proclaiming this same truth.

Rather than throw barbs at you for why I believe you have sold out to the founding principles of this nation, and have become a shill for the GOP and the deluded conservative right-wing; I will simply present my case for why I have allowed and decided my conditioned world view to be turned upside down. Believe me, this did NOT come easy. As a matter of fact, I have come to this decision just within the last several months. I believe that this present "frame of mind" I now possess, has been germinating since I chose to separate from the USMC.

As I said before, you were a mouthpiece to the world displaying my present "frame of mind" and collection of values and principles. If I wanted to describe myself to others, I simply mentioned that I was a devoted listener and subscriber to your professed ideals. (less your views on M$) Of course, I had/have long hair and prefer jeans and t-shirts to suits; and live to hear progressive metal music. (what you would call an "FM maggot-infested type") Rush, I am and have always been a patriot of the first order. I am still bound by my oath as a Scout and Marine to defend my country from all enemies "foreign and domestic." I do not see you as the enemy, but I do see you aiding and abetting the enemy (even as this could present itself subconsciously). I don't fault you for this. Hell, I wasn't much different a year ago and was still a devoted GOP supporter. I simply believe that you, unlike my present self, have yet to be successfully pushed out of your "comfort zone." Believe me, being pushed out of your comfort zone, must be a conscious choice; and not coerced.

Displaying a litany of evidence of why I have to my decision would not only become time consuming for myself, but also self-defeating in keeping your attention. In the same way I chose to allow you to proclaim my values to the world, I will also let another proclaim my present convictions to you. Believe me, when I first viewed the excerpts of this about a year ago; I was not ready to be pushed out of my comfort zone. I was so disturbed by this revelation, that I simply ignored it up until about the last couple of months. The content and evidence is devastating in itself. What I could not accept and believe for myself at the time, was the primary and most credible source. Someone that I have held to high esteem ever since I was made aware of him. If he was espousing these claims and contentions, then I had no logical and intellectually honest reasons for not believing them myself. This was my primary obstacle at first. Not the content as much as the messenger.

The author of these presentations is a local broadcaster (here in Austin) who is also quite world famous in some circles. I first experienced him on our local access channels about 10 years ago. At first, I thought that this guy was just some self-serving megalomaniac who could not survive life without some sort of constant media attention. I thought that eventually he would just go away and loose significance for the "blow-hard" he was. 10 years later, not only has he not gone away, but substantially has increased in significance, stature, and credibility. In fact, this is how a BBC correspondent describes him:

" this guy is a national treasure, a light breaking through the electronic Berlin Wall of the US media establishment."

You may have heard of this guy Rush, his name is Alex Jones. You know, he is a lot like you. Controversial, riveting, and quite entertaining. I would not doubt that he consider you as one of his primary influences. The difference is his message. He is said to work up to 20 hours per day. Talk about dedication. Some might charge him with misguidance, but certainly not with sophistry and perfidy. He has in no way enjoyed your measure of wealth and influence, and probably never will. He is also a very proficient photographer, interviewer, and producer. If he sold out on his values, he would probably be a very wealthy man today.

The best way to be introduced to Alex is what he does best -- documentaries. Michael Moore could only wish that he was this good. I believe that his documentary "911: The Road To Tyranny" is his best introduction to what both Alex and now myself believe. Rush, I challenge you to throw away your life-long preconceived biases and to intellectually and honestly view this video. I have heard your views in the past on these revelations, and quite honestly, I do not believe that you are being intellectually honest with yourself (nay subconsciously). If you can present evidence to refute the contentions of this presentation, then I will gladly come back to you as a devoted listener; and not only vote for GWB, but gladly register myself as a life-long GOP member. I will announce to the world, that I have been horribly deceived; and confess to my misplaced paranoia.

Now, this is the kicker. As you view this video, you will encounter someone that I know that you have already been fairly intimately introduced. This is the man (the messenger and source) that at first cause so much cognitive dissonance with myself. I recall you actually interviewing him on your show back in 1995/96. This man is David Schippers. Yes, the "old democrat" from Chicago who was the independent prosecuting attorney for the House during the Clinton impeachment. My admiration and respect of him is largely what caused me to turn. Rush, I know that you know Mr. Schippers far better than I or any other "joe-sixpack" American on the face of this planet. If you respect him, and his knowledge and wisdom; then like me you should also respect and adhere his most pertinent and vital message for us all! If Alex combined with Mr. Schippers and others does not convince you, then I fear that nothing else will.

Rush, I fervently pray to my Lord and Savior that this presentation will successfully push you out of your comfort zone; and energize you with possibilities for the free world like it has never, ever experienced to date. Rush, you are a giant. I am still deeply impressed with your humility as describing yourself as "talent on loan from God." If the NWO truly has a desperately and crucially limited window, then your God-given talent could be a force this world has yet to reckon with. This is my prayer, my hope, and belief. I know that you would be well aware that if you decide to change your convictions, that there will definitely be a price to be paid. Remember this, we are NOT to store riches here on earth; but in heaven.

God bless you

fooser77
Cpl, USMC (former)


I
f my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

- 2 Chronicles 7:14


5 Comments:

  • At 4:59 PM, August 02, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    way to long and obtuse. make your point make it quickly and ask for decisive action.

     
  • At 2:15 AM, August 03, 2004, Blogger Dread said…

    Long? Maybe. Difficult to make a cogent point in a sound-bite. Obtuse? If you mean not blunt enough, again maybe. It could have been a lot longer. I cut my first draft practically in half. Most open letters I have encountered are much longer than this. We need to escape this "fast food" mentality. Nuked meals will never compare to a chef prepared meal. What are you, an advertising agent? I know I asked for decisive action!

     
  • At 7:49 AM, June 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    brevity is the soul of wit

     
  • At 1:00 AM, October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rush flipped to the dark side long ago.
    http://www.joelskousen.com/hotissues_news.html
    http://www.ghosttroop.net

     
  • At 7:05 PM, December 17, 2006, Blogger TheWayfarer said…

    A for effort Sir.
    You can't possibly imagine how long I spent trying to "convert the goats" and awaken the motivationally dead. Folks like Rush would have to give up the wealth, fame and other bribes of the devil spirit realm which keep them in servitude to same in order to come around. It could happen, but the odds are much more in favor that you'll be elected President, or the Earth will get hit by a huge-ass, life-extinguishing meteor. "Comfort zone" you called it. More like a vat of lanolin in which they mentally, morally and motivationally soften to death.
    Good shot, anyway...And I don't think brevity enters into the issue: Some things are hard to synopsize, Rulers Of Evil being one of them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home